Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Vivid Light Game Rod 4 feet 6


First up on the fishing equipment I own is the Vivid Light Game Rod.

I bought this a few years back when I started to get more interested in fishing and was looking for a single piece rod which had a bit of versatility. I got mine from Joe's Tackles at Beach Road for around 50SGD if I recall correctly. I didn't really know what I wanted then but I knew I wanted a single piece rod that could cast a relatively smaller lure. The Vivid Light Game Rod was recommended to me and man was it love at first sight. Little did I knew then that this rod would eventually become my most favorite of rods.

This Vivid boasts a nice matte black blank with yellow guide wraps. An incident with a door crushed the tip top for mine but an easy replacement was all that was needed. The other guides are non-Fuji but they do resemble the Fuji K Series guides. Vivid has since released a butt-joint rod around 6 feet 3 in both baitcasting and spinning variations named Crystal Lake. Vivid also has a similarly named Vivid Light Game Rod of around 5 feet which is assembled with Fuji K guides and a Fuji reel seat. There is no lure weight or casting weight labelled on the 4'6" Vivid but after some trial and error, I figured a lure of around 15 grams seemed to attain a pretty decent casting distance. Unfortunately, Vivid doesn't seem to have a website which struck me as a surprise as I personally felt their rods were beautiful (correct me if I'm wrong about not having a website).


I've not tested the 5 feet Vivid Light Game Rod but was an immediate fan after my 4'6" purchase. A friend of mine got the Crystal Lake and MANNNNNN was I tempted to get another Vivid. My wallet coaxed me otherwise. We were Vivid Bros for awhile until he moved on to a Rapala Snow. :(


My first most memorable catch on the Vivid was a patin (or an iridescent shark for all you fancy-speaking folk) at Nanyang Lake in NTU during the NTU Anglers' Club Basic Fishing Carnival which came in at about 2+Kg. Caught it on leftover marshmallow which I found in my cupboard. Lucky catch in my opinion but a fish is a fish. At that time, I was using a yellow Pioneer Fire Reel (FR-2000) and whatever line that came with it which I bought from Cash Converters for about 13SGD. I have since gave away the reel as it gathered a little rust from lousy post-fishing maintenance and have bought a similarly theme-colored Awa-Shima Morbid 2000 reel (spooled with matching yellow 15lbs fireline :3). The rod has since seen many other fish such as swachiam(Sand whitings), ikan selar (yellow tail scad), snakeheads, seabass, mangrove jacks, soap fish, catfish and some other little things including a fireworm(Nasty little things). Interestingly though, I bought the rod with the intention to lure but have yet to land any fish on lures with it (probably because I'm a lousy lurer).

Anyway, here are more pictures of the Vivid 4'6" and its beauty.











Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Jenius2016 © . Powered by Blogger.